Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Using Action Research


I have learned that action research is a systematic way of analyzing effectiveness of processes and procedures and the involvements of the administrator with their success or failure. It is looking at data/information and determining next steps while also asking what else or more do I need to do. It allows for self-reflection. It is also a tool that can foster professional growth and development, especially for education administrators and teachers as well. I feel like as a classroom teacher I participate in a milder form of action research regularly in my classroom. I ask myself questions about what I need to do or try to improve student’s achievement, I apply these practices or strategies and then analyze the data to see if it was beneficial or if new measures need to be taken. I think blogging is a good way to share action research with other teachers and administrators overall.
Classroom teachers and/or instructional professional can use blogs to find different strategies and tools to use when teaching. Blogs allow for these ideas to be discussed without being physically present. Blogs also allow for the exchange of ideas from individuals outside of your immediate circle. Teachers and education professionals are able to communicate with others in different parts of the country and maybe even the world.




 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you in the context that as being a teacher you do participate in a mild form of action research in the classroom. I feel like this is a way for all teachers to use the information that we normally gather on a daily a basis and input it into another way out of our normal mind thinking process. Good luck on your research plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had commented on someone else's post that I agree that we as teachers do action research without knowing thats what we are doing. So in other words I agree with you. For example when we present a lesson and it does not go well we pick it apart to figure out what went wrong and how we can fix it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more that we as teachers do a mild form of action research. I am quite sure too that administrators also do active research on a frequent basis as well. It is just not always laid out so formally. I am not sure how the education system could continue without some sort of action research.

    ReplyDelete